Bylaw Officer Protective Force Options
Our #1 objective is to ensure officers make it home safe to their families at the end of each shift. “Safe” includes physically, emotionally, mentally, and psychologically. We provide officers the training and tools to develop their competence and confidence enabling them to do their job safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Use of Force Theory
- National Use of Force Framework
- De-Escalation Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Officer Safety
- OC Spray
- Use of Force Articulation
Kris Greffard is the owner and lead instructor for Sheepdog Self-Protection Inc. She is a full-time law enforcement officer. She has been a police officer for 16 years. She is certified through the Justice Institute of British Columbia as a Certified Use of Force Instructor. Kris has been training in self-protection since 2005, instructing civilians since 2010, instructing Law Enforcement since 2012, and instructing Bylaw Officers since 2015. She has delivered training to Bylaw Officers throughout the province of BC.
- What: Bylaw Officer Protective Force Options (2 Days- OC, Baton, and Restraints)
- Instructor: Kris Greffard, 250-516-9798
- Where: Instinct Training Center, 4495 Happy Valley Rd, Victoria, BC
- Parking: Parking is free on site.
- Breaks/ Lunch: There will be a morning and afternoon break. Please bring snacks as there will not be enough time to go off site. There will be a 1-hour lunch break. You are welcome to leave the venue during the lunch hour.
- What to bring/ wear? Please wear your duty issued uniform including your duty belt. Please bring handcuffs, handcuff key, handcuff pouch, baton scabbard, baton, and OC holster. NO LIVE WEAPONS. This includes live OC and/or knives.
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing as we will be venturing outside.
- Note: Attendance does not guarantee Certification. Each participant must successfully complete all modules, practical (pass/fail) and theory (80%), to receive a certificate.
We look forward to training with you.
Please register below.
For more information on our courses or to register just send us a message - We would be happy to speak with you.